World

US Secret Service says it previously denied Trump requests for additional resources, New York Times reports

2024.07.20 23:32

© Reuters. Republican presidential nominee and former U.S. President Donald Trump wears a flesh-colored bandage on his ear as he holds a campaign rally for the first time with his running mate, Republican vice presidential nominee U.S. Senator J.D. Vance (R-OH) in Grand Rapids, Michigan, U.S. July 20, 2024. REUTERS/Tom Brenner

(Reuters) – The U.S. Secret Service said it had turned down requests from Donald Trump’s security detail for additional resources in the two years leading up to his attempted assassination last week, the New York Times reported on Saturday, citing a spokesman.

This is a reversal from earlier statements by the agency denying that such requests for the former president and Republican presidential nominee had been rebuffed, the newspaper said.



Source link

Related Articles

Back to top button