Stock Market News

Activision Blizzard shareholders approve $68.7 billion Microsoft deal

2022.04.28 20:21

Activision Blizzard shareholders approve $68.7 billion Microsoft deal
FILE PHOTO: The Activision booth is shown at the E3 2017 Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles, California, U.S. June 13, 2017. REUTERS/ Mike Blake/File Photo

(Reuters) – Videogame publisher Activision Blizzard Inc (NASDAQ:ATVI) said on Thursday that its shareholders approved Microsoft Corp (NASDAQ:MSFT)’s $68.7 billion proposal to buy the “Call of Duty” maker.

More than 98% of the shares voted at a special meeting held earlier in the day were in favor of the proposed transaction, the Santa Monica, California-based company said.

Microsoft said in January it had agreed to acquire Activision Blizzard for $95 per share in the biggest gaming industry deal in history as global technology giants stake their claims to a virtual future.

Activision, which is facing backlash over its response to allegations of internal sexual harassment and discrimination against female employees, missed estimates for first-quarter adjusted sales on Monday, hit by low demand for its latest title “Call of Duty: Vanguard”.

Source

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button